Friday, April 13, 2012

3 weeks of dinner recipes coming your way!


I told you recently about my meal planning efforts.  I was going to share a calendar for a month of dinners in the winter.  I was proud of the way they all fit together so there would be minimal food waste, and how they focused on seasonal foods.  They were good hardy meals, like the ones pictured above.  I may choose to post this menu when winter starts again.  

Now that spring is here though, I need something lighter with less emphasis on the oven.  I'm not quite ready for all out summer grilling with lots of fresh fruit and salads.  I find myself wanting light summer fare on some days, and hearty home cooked goodness on other days.

I took some time this morning to go through my favorite dinner recipes carefully.  They are well-balanced meals and now I know their calorie counts, too.  This is what you can expect from the 15 recipes I'll be sharing over the next three weeks:

-Lean meats, vegetables, and primarily whole grains
-They will be first tested by me
-A combination of home-y favorites and a few new ones, too
-Emphasis on whole foods and made-from-scratch meals with minimal processed ingredients
-Straight forward recipes that will be easy to follow
-Zero crazy-weird ingredients that cost an arm and a leg
-450-650 calories per dinner (don't worry, the higher calorie dinners are ones like meatloaf WITH gravy and you'll have options to cut the calories to 500)
-Pictures! (I just hate it when cookbooks don't have pictures for every recipe)

Coming Monday: Pan-fried Whitefish with Peas, Parmesan, & Whole Wheat Fettuccine
I had it for lunch today and it turned out fabulously!  See you Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comment-love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...